A nutritious, smooth dish with a bit of texture for older infants.
- 2 tb Brown rice, uncooked
- 6 Carrots, scrubbed and chopped in small
- 1 1/3 c Water (or broth or leftover cooking liquid from
- 1 teaspoon sweet butter (optional)
- Place rice and carrots in a saucepan with the water and cover.
until the water is absorbed--about 30 to 40 minutes.
- When cool
enough to handle, puree in blender or food processor with butter until
- Refrigerate, or freeze leftovers in ice cube tray.
Makes 1-1/ cups.
From "Baby's First Helpings" by Chris Casson Madden