Italian Pasta E' Fagioli Soup
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 12 ounces chopped onion
- 14 ounces slivered carrots
- 14 ounces diced celery
- 1 - 48 ounce
can diced tomatoes
- 2 - 15 ounce cans red kidney beans
- 1 - 48 ounce can
white kidney beans
- 88 ounces beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 5 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 - 48 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
box shell or elbow macaroni noodles
Sauté beef in oil in a large 10 quart pot until beef starts to brown.
Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for about 10
minutes. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot.
stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco sauce, spaghetti sauce, and noodles.
Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes.
This recipe will make 9 quarts of soup.