Blackberry Ice Cream
- 4 c Fresh Blackberries
- 2 1/2 c Whipping cream
- 1 c Water
Blackberries for garnish
- Sugar Mint leaves for garnish
- Line strainer with two layers of dampened cheesecloth. Set over larg
- Combine berries and water in medium saucepan. Slowly bring
to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently until soft, about 10 minutes.
Pour into cheesecloth-lined strainer. Let stand until juice has drained
into bowl, about 30 minutes.
- Gently squeeze pulp to extract
- Measure berry juice into heavy medium saucepan.
- Add 1
cup sugar for each cup juice.
- Cook over low heat, swirling pan
occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil syrup 2
minutes. Cool completely.
- Mix 2 1/2 cups syrup with cream.
- Refrigerate until well chilled. Process blackberry mixture in ice cream
maker according to manufacturer's instructions; ice cream will be soft.
- Freeze in covered container several hours to mellow flavors.
- Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves.
Ice Cream Recipes
Photo credit: sea turtle
CC BY-NC-ND 2.0