Ben and Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
- 4 Heath Bars
- 2 cups Heavy or whipping cream
- 2 large Eggs
cup Whole milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks. You
should have about 1 cup. Place the chucks in a bowl, cover and freeze.
- Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk
until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the
cream, milk, vanilla, and whisk to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to ice
cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the
candy, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
generous 1 quart.
Variation: COFFEE HEATH BAR CRUNCH: Omit
vanilla and substitute 3 tb. good quality freeze-dried coffee. Add 2 tb
coffee with the cream and milk, and add the remaining 1 TB coffee with
the candy after the ice cream stiffens.
Ice Cream Recipes