Chocolate Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce
- 18 Chocolate scotch bonnets, seeded
- 1 Red Kishinev pepper, seeded
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. Whole cumin1 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. Ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 tb
- 4 tsp. Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 c Dark rum
- 1/2 c Fruity olive
- In a dry pan, toast the cumin, coriander and garlic over high heat
(shaking the pan all the while) until the seeds begin to pop and smell
- Remove from heat and grind with the salt in a mortar and
pestle until you almost have a paste.
- Put the chiles, spice
paste, allspice, honey, cocoa, rum and olive oil in a food processor and
- When the sauce is quite smooth, pour it into sterile
glass bottles, cork and refrigerate.
Recipe yields about 2 pints
of hot sauce.
Hot Sauce Recipes