This conserve is made with cranberries, oranges, apples, nuts and
- 2 c Water
- 2 c Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
- 24 oz. Cranberries;
Fresh, (6 cups)
- 2 tb Orange Peel; Grated
- 4 Oranges; Peeled & Chopped
Apples; Cored, Pared &Chopped
- 1 c Nuts; Chopped
- Mix the water with the brown sugar in a
Dutch oven and heat to boiling. Boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining
ingredients except the nuts and heat to boiling.
- Boil rapidly until the
cranberries pop and mixture thickens, about 20 minutes. Stir in
- Immediately pour into sterilized jars or glasses or freezer
containers and cover tightly, letting them stand until they reach room
- Refrigerate or freeze no longer than 3 months.
Makes about 5 half pints of conserve.