Rich Brown Gravy
What makes this brown gravy rich is all the yummy ingredients! Carrots,
onions, celery, peppercorns, flour, vegetable stock and more.
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 Onion, small, diced
Celery heart, diced
- 2 Celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 Bay leaf, small
- 1/4 tsp. Thyme, dried
- 1/4 c Pastry flour, whole-wheat
Peppercorns, black or white
- 1/4 c Parsley, fresh, coarse chopped
- 4 c Stock, vegetable, homemade
- Rock salt, ground
- Pepper, freshly ground
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Mix the diced carrot, diced
onion, diced celery heart or diced celery and sauté until it begins to
- Add the flour and stir until brown.
- Add the peppercorns
and the parsley.
- Stir well and add the water and stock.
for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Sauce should be the
consistency of whipping cream.