These potatoes are full of flavorable spices and seasonings, mashed and then baked for about 45 minutes.
10 Potatoes, small white rose
1 Celery stalk
1 Garlic clove, large
1 Bay leaf
1/2 c Soy milk
2 tb Olive oil
Pepper, freshly ground
1. Place potatoes, celery stalks, garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns in a
large pot of cold water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 to 20
minutes, or until tender. Potatoes are ready when they pierce easily,
but do not fall apart.
2. Use a slotted spoon to remove potatoes from water, reserving water for mashing, if needed; leave peppercorns behind.
3. Begin mashing potatoes, incorporating soy milk and adding oil and pepper to taste. Add additional potato water in small increments if potatoes appear too dry.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil a deep casserole and press stuffing down gently into bottom. Top with mashed potatoes and smooth the crust with a spatula. Dust top of potatoes with paprika.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes have formed a golden crust.