Made with bread crumbs, vegetables, vegetable stock and more, then
stuffed into turkey. Cooking this stuffing on low heat, stirring
frequently before placing in the turkey is what makes this delicious!
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, large,
- 1 1/2 c Celery, finely chopped
- 12 c Bread, stale,
cut in 1/2" cube
- 2 tb Sage, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme, dried
tsp. Celery seed, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- Pepper, freshly ground to
- 2 1/4 c Stock, strong vegetable
- Heat the oil, shallot, onion and celery in a heavy pot.
- Sauté until
the vegetables begin to soften, then add bread cubes, sage, marjoram,
thyme celery seed, paprika and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Cook, stirring
frequently, for 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add hot
vegetable stock to pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30
minutes or longer, stirring frequently, until bread cubes have broken
(The secret to a good stuffing is in the slow cooking and
the frequent stirring.)