This munch would be great to serve your little monsters on Halloween.
- 1 c Dry roast peanuts; unsalted
- 1/3 c Butter or margarine
- 1 lb.
- 1/2 c Peanut butter
- 3 c Puffed rice cereal
- 1 c
- 1 c Raisins
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, apricots, raisins and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe 13x9", melt butter and marshmallows on high for 2
- Stir; add peanut butter cook on high 2 minutes longer.
until well blended, add cereal mixture to dish and toss until well
- Working quickly with greased hand, form into balls,
using about 1/2 C mixture, per ball.
- If mixture begins to harden, cook
on high for 30 seconds, or until softened.
- If desired , mixture may be spread in unbuttered 13x9" dish and
cooled and cut into bars.
Makes 1 dozen balls or 2 dozen bars, This is very similar to the Rice
Krispie treats, but with the apricots and raisins it definitely gives it
a fall look. You can also put the mixture into cookie cutters and let it
cool there so the shapes could be pumpkins.