Kitty Litter Cake
- 1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 package white sandwich cookies
- 1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 12 small tootsie rolls
- 1 litter box (Maybe spring for a new one!)
- 1 plastic scoop
- green food coloring
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions. Prepare pudding
mix and chill until ready to assemble.
- Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend
to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4
cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a
fork or shake in a jar.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl.
Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled
pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and test it, you don't want it soggy, just moist; gently combine. Put
mixture into clean litter box.
- Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat
until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury
immixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top.
- Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed
to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
- Heat remaining Tootsie
Rolls, three at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape
them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place the box
on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around.
- Serve with a new