Halloween Monster Bread
This bread is baked, and you decorate it to make a monster of your choice.
- 2 T Butter
- 2 lb. Bread dough
- 1 T Sugar
- 1/8 t Cinnamon
- 1 Raisins
- 1 Licorice
- 1 Marshmallows
- 1 Fruit leather
- Melt butter.
- Shape dough into a disc. Cut horizontally almost
all the way through, leaving about 1/4 inch uncut along one side.
- Open, brush with half the butter and sprinkle with sugar and
cinnamon. Close and press edges together. Roll into a 10 inch circle.
- Put on a baking sheet, cover and let rise about 30 minutes.
scissors to cut holes for a mouth and eyes.
- Push foil into holes
to keep them open.
- Cut deep gashes into top of head for spiky
- Press raisins into dough to make eyebrows.
- Brush with
- Bake until bread sounds hollow when tapped, about 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until lightly browned, about
- Decorate with candy while bread is still warm.
Yield: 32 servings.