Great treat for Halloween! The blueberries in this dish, look like eyeballs when finished.
- 3 oz. lemon gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
cup pineapple juice
- 1 8-0z. pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup water in double boiler, add
marshmallows and stir to melt. Remove from heat. Add pineapple juice and cream
cheese. Beat until well blended. Cool slightly. Fold in whipped cream
and mayo. Chill until thickened or firm for scooping into eyeballs.
- Using a
melon baller, scoop full balls of the mixture and set aside for decoration. To decorate, use food coloring and an old paintbrush and get creative.
will need black food coloring for the pupils.
- Also, if you are in a hurry,
instead of painting the colored irises, you can dip the ball in a small pool of
food coloring to approximate the iris, but still paint on the pupils.
- You can also use rubber ice cube trays that work beautifully with much less
waste than the melon baller technique.
- You can spray the rubber trays with
non-stick cooking spray beforehand like you would any gelatin mold, let the
gelatin mixture sit in the refrigerator to set, then carefully pop the eyeballs
out to paint them.
- Some of the eyeballs can break, and they do have one
flat side, but that actually works, since then they don't roll around while you
are trying to paint them.