Creepy Witches Fingers Cookies
These creepy cookies will freak everyone out on Halloween.
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1 Egg1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 cup Almonds, whole blanched
- 1 Tube red decorator gel
- In bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and
vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt. Cover and refrigerate 30
- Working with one quarter of the dough at a time and keeping remainder
refrigerated, roll heaping teaspoonful of dough into finger shape for each
- Press almond firmly into 1 end for nail. Squeeze in center to
create knuckle shape. Using paring
knife, make slashes in several places to form knuckle.
- Place on lightly greased
baking sheets; bake in 325F (160C) oven for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden.
Let cool for 3 minutes.
- Lift up almond, squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed
and press almond back in place, so gel oozes out from underneath.
- You can also
make slashes in the finger and fill them with "blood."
- Remove from baking
sheets and let cool on racks.
- Repeat with remaining dough.