Chocolate Covered Bugs
These candies look like bugs when assembled. Great treat for Halloween.
- Red-licorice whips
- 24 Soft caramel candies
- 6 oz Chocolate chips
- Colored sprinkles
- Red Hots candies
- Sliced almonds
- Assorted decors and dragees
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Cut licorice into small pieces.
- Use your hands to flatten each caramel into a small oval.
bits of licorice onto 12 of the flattened caramels to make legs.
- Top each with a
second caramel and press edges to seal.
- Put on prepared baking sheet.
chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High about 1 minute.
- Stir and
then microwave on High 1 minute longer.
- Remove from oven and stir until melted.
- Spoon melted chocolate over each candy.
- Decorate with nuts and candy.
Yield: 12 servings.