Caramel Covered Apples
Caramel Covered Apples make a wonderful Halloween treat and are very
easy to make!
- 40 - Caramel cubes (we prefer the Borden Brand)
- 5 Apples (We like Macintosh)
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- 5 Wooden sticks
- 1 Wax paper
- Wash and dry the apples thoroughly. Remove stems and Insert
the wooden sticks into the stem hole until about half the stick is in the
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the caramels with the
water, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Now dip the apples into the hot caramel sauce, coating the apple
completely. Place on greased, wax paper.
Storage & Serving: Store your caramel covered apples in the refrigerator.
Before serving, remove them from the refrigerator and allow them to stand for
about fifteen minutes.
We like to serve our caramel covered apples on a large black platter and use
extra caramels as a garnish.