Black Mess Jell-O
A fun recipe for Halloween, that the kids can help with.
- 6 ounces grape gelatin powder
- 2 cups purple grape juice,
- 1 cup water
- 1 small carrot
- 4 large marshmallows
- 16 ounces
unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 16 ounces light peach slices
- 2 cups
green seedless grapes
- washed ice cubes
pineapple and peach slices in a colander to drain (save the juice for
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water.
- When completely
dissolved, add 2 cups chilled grape juice and 1 cup of ice cubes
(loosely packed; this will be less than 1 cup of water due to spaces in
between the cubes). Stir until the ice cubes dissolve.
- Shred the
carrot finely (don't grate it), and add to the gelatin. Snip the
marshmallows into small pieces and add. Cut peach slices into small
- If it's not Halloween and you don't need "eyeballs", cut
each grape in half.
- Add fruits to gelatin. Chill. Stir once or
twice as it thickens to be sure fruit and carrot is evenly
- If you use a ring mold, you can put more grapes or other
fruit in the middle to serve.