Gurken Und Kartoffelsuppe (Cucumber and Potato Soup)
- 1 Cucumber; Medium
- 4 Potatoes; Med, Peel And Dice
- 1 t Salt
2 c Water; Cold
- 1/4 t Pepper; White
- 1 c Cream; Heavy
- 1 Green Onion; Grated
- 1 t Dill weed; Dried OR 1 T
Fresh Dill; Chopped
- Peel the cucumber and slice it lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds with a spoon
and discard. Dice cucumber.
- In a heavy 2 1/2-quart saucepan boil
potatoes in salted water until the potatoes are very soft.
- Pour potatoes
and cooking liquid into a sieve or food mill set over a large bowl.
Force potatoes through. Return to the saucepan.
- Stir in pepper,
cream, milk, grated onion and the cucumber.
- Simmer gently about 5
minutes or until the cucumber is tender.
- Add dill and season to taste.
- Serve hot.