Warmer Kartoffelsalat (Hot Potato Salad)
- 3 Potatoes; Med, Boiled In Skins
- 3 Bacon Slices
- 1/4 c Onion;
- 1 T Unbleached Flour
- 2 t Sugar
- 3/4 t Salt
- 1/4 t
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 3/8 c Water
- 2 1/2 T Vinegar
- Peel potatoes and slice paper thin.
- Sauté bacon slowly in a fry
pan, then drain on paper towels.
- Sauté onion in bacon fat until golden
- Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery seeds, and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in water and vinegar.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil
for 1 minute.
- Carefully stir in the potatoes and crumbled bacon
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand until ready to serve.