Kalter Kartoffelsalat (Cold Potato Salad)
- 6 Large Potatoes; peeled and quartered
- 1 Onion; Medium, Minced
3 T Vinegar
1/2 t Mustard;
- 1 t Sugar
2 t Dill seed
- In medium saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of potato water. Dice potatoes.
- Add oil and
minced onion; toss gently.
- In small saucepan bring the 3/4 cup
potato water to a boil; pour over potatoes and onion.
- Keep at room
temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar,
and dill seed.
- Potato salad will be creamy.
- Serve at room temperature.