Kirsch-schnitzel (Veal Cutlets With Cherry Sauce)
- 4Lean Veal Cutlets;6 0z.
1 T Vegetable Oil
1/2 t Salt
1/8 t Pepper; White
1/4 c Red Wine
2 T Evaporated Milk
16 oz. Cherries; Tart, Canned, Drain
Parsley, for garnish
- Pat cutlets dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in fry pan and brown cutlets
on each side approximately 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove cutlets from pan and keep them warm.
- Blend wine and
evaporated milk in a pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add cherries; heat
through and adjust seasonings.
- Return cutlets to sauce and reheat, but
DO NOT boil.
- Arrange cutlets on preheated platter, pouring
cherry sauce around them.
- Garnish with parsley.