Kapernschnitzel (Veal Cutlets With Capers)
- 4 6 oz. Veal Cutlets
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/8 t
- 1/2 t Paprika
- 1 T Vegetable Oil
- 2 oz. Capers; Drained
(1/2 Sm. Jar)
- 1/4 c White Wine; Dry
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 T
- Pickled Beet; Sliced- for
- 4 Lettuce
Leaves - for garnish
- Sprinkle cutlets with lemon juice and season with salt, pepper and
- Heat oil in a fry pan and fry cutlets for 3 minutes on
the first side.
- Turn cutlets over and add drained capers to pan.
again for 3 minutes; remove cutlets and arrange on a preheated platter.
- Pour wine into pan, scraping loose any brown particles from
bottom of fry pan.
- Add bay leaf, simmer liquid 3 minutes.
- Remove bay
- Blend in evaporated milk and adjust seasonings.
- Pour over cutlets.
- Cut beets into strips and arrange on lettuce leaves as a