Schweinekoteletts in Saurer Sahnesosse (Baked Pork Chops)
- 6 Pork Chops
- 1 Garlic Clove; Minced
- 1 t Caraway Seeds;
- 2 t Hungarian Paprika; Mild *
- 1/2 t Salt
- Pepper; to taste
- 1 c White Wine; Dry
- 1 c Sour Cream (Optional)
- Place the pork chops in an ovenproof casserole.
- Mix the remaining
ingredients, except sour cream, and pour over the chops.
- Marinate the
chops 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake the chops,
uncovered, in the marinade in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for 1 hour
or until tender.
- Add more wine if necessary.
- Stir sour cream into pan
juices and heat through but DO NOT boil.
- Serve chops with sour-cream gravy and buttered noodles or dumplings.
*Note: Use Only Hungarian paprika.