Bayerischer mit Spargel (Barvarian Veal With Asparagus)
- 2 lb. Veal; Cubed
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion; Large, Chopped
- 1 c Carrots; Chopped
- 1 T Parsley; Chopped
- 1/4 c Lemon Juice;
- 2 c Beef Broth
- 3 T Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 t Salt
- Pepper; Fresh Ground, To Taste
- 2 lb. Asparagus; Fresh, cleaned and
cut into one - inch pieces
- In a Dutch oven brown the veal in hot oil.
- Add onion and carrots. Cook
until onion is transparent. Stir in parsley.
- Mix lemon juice,
broth, flour and seasonings until well-blended. Pour over meat.
and bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 1 1/2 hours or until meat is
- Add more broth if needed.
- Cook asparagus until
tender-crisp. Stir into veal and serve immediately.