Rindergulasch (Beef Goulash)
- 3 T Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb. Round Steak; Cubed
- 3 Onions; Medium,
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 1/2 t Garlic Salt
- 1 t
- 1/4 t Sugar
- 2 c Water; Hot
- 1 T Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 c Water; Cold
- 1/2 c Cream; Heavy
- Heat vegetable oil in a large fry pan or Dutch oven.
- Add meat cubes and
brown well, approximately 10 minutes. Stir in onions; cook until
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic salt, paprika, and sugar. Blend
- Pour in hot water; cover and simmer gently about 1 1/2
- In a small jar or container, shake or blend flour with
cold water. Be sure to break up all lumps.
- Add to meat about 7 minutes
before the end of the cooking time.
- Stir constantly until sauce is
thickened and bubbling.
- Remove from heat; stir in cream.
with noodles, accompanied by a tomato salad if desired.