Uberbackener Spinat Mit Kase (Baked Spinach With Cheese)
- 1 lb. Spinach; Fresh
- 1/4 lb. Butter
- 1 Onion; Large, Diced
- 2 Garlic; Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 lb. Emmenthaler
- 1 t Paprika
- 1/8 t Nutmeg
- 1/4 t Pepper
- Wash and clean spinach of sand. Dry. Cut spinach into strips.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat butter until bubbly. Add onion and garlic,
sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add spinach. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and
steam for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Grease an ovenproof
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the bottom of the casserole.
- Add the spinach. Sprinkle with paprika, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Top with
- Bake at 360 degrees F about 20 minutes or
until cheese bubbles.