Peachy Pie is made with peaches, sour cream, cream cheese cinnamon
and more. Takes about 45 minutes to bake.
- 3 c Fresh Peaches: Sliced And Mixed With 1/2 Cup Sugar OR 3 c Canned
Or Frozen Peaches; Drained
- 2 T Cornstarch3 oz. Cream Cheese;
- 1/2 c Sour Cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 1/3 c
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1 Unbaked Pie Crust For 10-Inch Pie
- Mix the peach and cornstarch and set aside. Cook the cream
cheese and sour cream until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Mix the
eggs, juice and sugar in a mixer bowl.
- Add the cheese mixture and beat
- Arrange the peaches in the unbaked pie crust.
the filling over the peaches.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
in a preheated 425 Degree F. oven for 10 minutes and then at 350 Degrees
F. for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cover with a sheet of foil to retard
browning if necessary.
NOTES: You can use up to 1/2 cup more fresh peaches if needed for this
recipe. This pie may be made with a double crust. Just follow the
directions the same as for a single pie crust. Cover with a lattice or
regular top crust over the pie filling.
From: Emily Griffith Opportunity School Quoted In The Spotlight
Food Section Of The Rocky Mountain News 07-10-94