Apple Brown Betty
This Apple Brown Betty is made with fresh apples, butter, bread
crumbs, cinnamon and more.
- 1/3 c Butter Or Margarine; Melted
- 2 c Soft Bread Crumbs
- 6 c
Apples; Pared, Cored And Sliced, About 2 Lbs.
- 1/2 c Granulated Or
- 1/2 t Nutmeg Or Mace
- 1/4 t Cinnamon
- 1 T Lemon Rind;
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- 1/4 c Water
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Toss the bread crumbs with
the melted butter, and arrange 1/3 of the crumb mixture in a greased 1
- Cover with 1/2 of the apples and 1/2 of the
combined mixture, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and rind, blended well.
- Cover with 1/3 of the bread mixture, the rest of the apples and the
rest of the combined mixture.
- Spoon on the lemon mixture, lemon juice
and water combined and well blended, and top with the rest of the
- Cover and bake in a moderately-hot oven, 375 Degrees F, for 1/2
- Uncover and continue baking for another 1/2 hour or until
the apples are done.
- To Serve: Top with cream, whipped cream
with a little cinnamon sprinkled over the top, grated cheese or ice