These Blueberry Puff are made with fresh or frozen blueberries, lemon
juice, un-sifted flour and more. Only takes about 30 minutes to bake.
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 2 c Fresh Blueberries; OR 2 c Frozen
- 1 c Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 t Baking Powder
- 1/4 t Salt
- 2 T Shortening
- 1/2 c
- 1 lg Egg
- 1/2 t Lemon Flavoring
- 1/4 c Milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice on
the berries and use the berry mixture to fill 6 custard cups 2/3rds
- Sift the next 3 ingredients together, and set aside.
the shortening with a spoon until creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, working until light.
- Beat in the egg and flavoring with a spoon.
- Add the
flour mixture and milk all at once, stirring to mix.
- Spread on the
- Bake in a moderately hot oven, 400 Degrees F., for 30
minutes or until done.
- TO SERVE: Turn out with the berry side
- Serve warm, with heavy cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.
Good Housekeeping Cookbook Copyright 1949