This Blueberry Ketchup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4
weeks or you may freeze it.
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Garlic Clove; Crushed
- 1 T Mince Fresh
- 1 md Onion; Finely Chopped
- 2 pt. Blueberries
- 1 c Fresh
Tomato; Peeled, Seeded And Chopped
- 2 large Purple Plums, Pitted And
- 1/4 c Dark Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
- 1 T Blueberry Or
- 1 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- Zest Of 1 Lemon; Cut Into
- 1 md Dried Chili Pepper; Crumbled
- 1 t Ground
- 1 t Ground Cardamom
- 1 t Ground Coriander
- 1 t Salt
t Freshly Ground Mixed Peppercorns; White, Green Red And Black
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan (two quart or larger).
- Add the
garlic and ginger and cook over low heat for two minutes.
the onion and cook until soft and transparent, stirring often.
- Add the
blueberries, tomato, plums, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and zest,
chili pepper, spices, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Cook over
medium heat until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Reduce the heat and keep
simmering gently for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Let the
mixture cool slightly, then puree in a food processor or blender.
the puree to the pan and heat, bringing the mixture to a simmer.
until thick, about 1 hour.
- Pour into two sterile pint jars or
- Cover and let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to four
weeks or freeze.
Yields 3 cups