Very Berry Salsa
This Very Berry Salsa recipe is from The Food Column Of The Denver
Post Magazine Section of 07-13-94
- 1 pt. Blueberries
- 1 pt. Strawberries
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 3 T Minced
- 1 T Blueberry Or Raspberry Vinegar Or Lemon Juice
- 1 t
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Hot Pepper Sauce; To Taste
- 1/4 c
Sliced Or Slivered Almonds; Toasted
- Rinse the blueberries and strawberries, then dry on paper towels. Pick
over the berries.
- Hull the strawberries and cut into quarters.
- In a bowl
combine the blueberries, strawberries, sugar, onion, vinegar, pepper and
hot pepper sauce.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least one hour.
before serving, stir in the almonds.
- Serve over fruit sorbet or as a
condiment with poultry or pork.