Easy Easter Candy Cut-Outs
Easily make this Easter candy by using your favorite cookie cutters.
Made with chocolate and topped with tinted coconut flakes.
- 1 c Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- 2 ts Shortening ONLY
- 1/4 ts Water
- 1 dr Food color
- 1/2 c Sweetened
- Cover bottom of 13x9-inch pan with heavy duty foil.
small microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate chips and shortening.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until chocolate is
melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Immediately spread mixture
evenly on foil to about 1/8-inch thick; pat TINTED COCONUT evenly onto
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until beginning
- Press sturdy, Easter-shaped cookie cutters down to foil,
cutting through coconut and chocolate; do NOT remove shapes.
- Return to
refrigerator until completely firm; gently remove foil.
- Gently press out
shapes; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Use as garnish for
Makes 6 to 12 cut-outs.
- In small bowl, stir together 1/4 teaspoon water and 1 drop food color.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes; with fork, toss until evenly
More Easter Recipes