Baked Zucchini, Tomato, and Potato Casserole
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, stems removed and cut on the diagonal in 1/2-inch (
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and thin sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup (30 g) loosely packed fresh basil leaves, shredded
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons (13 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly coat a shallow casserole with cooking spray.
- Layer the
zucchini slices, alternating with tomatoes slices and potato slices,
- Sprinkle with garlic slices and shredded basil.
Season with pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C), Gas Mark 6.
until vegetables are tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with
Parmesan cheese and broil until top is a golden brown
- Serve hot.
Recipe serves 4.
Per serving: 98 calories (11% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 1 g total
fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 18 g carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 3 mg
cholesterol, 68 mg sodium Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate ( 1/2
bread/starch, 2 vegetable).