Asparagus with Parmesan
- 3/4 pound (360 g) fresh asparagus, woody stems snapped off and
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (18 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Simmer the asparagus in water to cover until cooked crisp-tender,
about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Return asparagus to pan and sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan
- Place over medium-high heat, shaking the pan several times,
until asparagus is glazed and hot.
- Serve at once.
Recipe serves 4.
Per serving: 32 calories (27% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 1 g
total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 4 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber,
3 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium Diabetic exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate (1 vegetable).