Popular Recipes: Appetizers and Snacks | Beef and Pork | Beverages | Bisque, Etouffee, Gumbo and Jambalaya | Bread and Rolls | Cajun Cooking Terms | Cajun Jokes | Candy | Casseroles | Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hens | Condiments, Dips and Relish | Desserts | Fish and Seafood | New Orleans Restaurant | Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Rice and Beans | Preserves, Jams and Jelly | Salad and Salad Dressing | Sandwiches and Po' Boys | Seasoning, Sauce, Rub and Roux | Side Dishes, Vegetables, Gravy and Dressing | Soup, Stew and Chili | Wild Game
1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup boiling water
9 - 1 gram packets Equal or similar
1-9-inch graham cracker
Thin lime slices
1 cup evaporated skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Juice of 1-1/2 limes
2 drops green food coloring
1. Sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and let it stand for 1 minute.
2. Add boiling water and sweetener to gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Combine milk and vanilla and freeze 30 minutes.
5. Remove from freezer and whip at high speed until stiff.
6. Stir lime juice and food coloring into whipped milk. (Save remaining 1/2 lime for garnish.)
7. Slowly blend gelatin mixture into whipped milk.
8. Spoon pie filling into crust.
9. Chill until firm.
10. Garnish with lime zest and lime slices.
11. Cut into 8 even portions and serve
Recipe yield: One 9-inch pie, and 8 servings
1 portion per serving. Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 111; Cholesterol: 14 mg; Fat: 5 grams; Carbohydrates: 14 grams; Protein 4 grams Exchanges: 1 Bread and 1 Fat