Hot Caramel Apples
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- 1/2 C. apple juice
- 8 T. brown sugar
- 12 red-hot candies
- 4 T. butter or margarine
- 8 caramels
- 1/4 tsp.
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Peel about 3/4 inch off the top of each apple; place in a crock pot.
Pour juice over apples.
- Fill the center of each apple with 2
tablespoons sugar, three red-hots, 1 tablespoon of butter and two
caramels. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to
6 hours or until the apples are tender.
- Serve immediately with whipped
cream, if desired.
Recipe serves 4.
Crock Pot Recipes