Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
- 1 C. pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices raisin bread,
- 2 C. half-and-half or milk
- 2 medium green apples
- 1/4 C.
bourbon or brandy
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1/4 C. butter or
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan and
bake until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a greased crock pot.
- Peel, core and
thinly slice the apples.
- Mix lightly together the sugar, cinnamon and
nutmeg, add eggs and mix well. Blend in half-and-half or milk and then
stir in bourbon or brandy.
- Lightly mix pecans with bread and
apples. Pour egg mixture over bread. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook
on LOW until apples are tender when pierced and custard is set - about 3
1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Let pudding stand, covered, for about 15
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Crock Pot Recipes