Country Cork Stew (Irish)
- 8 Small lamb chops, thawed
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Finely shredded cabbage
- 1 Large leek white
- 1 1/2 c Celery stalks, diced
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, bay leaves
- 1 lb. Potatoes, 3 to 4 medium
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 12 Small white onions
- 1 1/2 c Peas
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in saucepan wide enough to
hold all chops in a single layer. Brown on both sides.
- Spoon off
any melted fat and add enough water to cover chops. Bring to a boil and
add parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, thyme and rosemary enclosed in
cheesecloth. Lower heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and
shape into bite sized rounds. Chop trimmings from potatoes into small
pieces. Add potatoes, trimmings, cabbage, onion, well-rinsed leek, white
onions and celery to chops and liquid.
- Simmer 20 minutes then
add peas. Add a little more water if needed during cooking. Simmer 10
minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Correct seasoning. Garnish
with parsley and serve.
St Patrick's Day Recipes