Monday, June 11, 2007Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken Noodle Soup
1 lb chicken breast fillets
1 lb chicken thigh fillets
2 tbsp butter
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced celery
4 cup chicken stock
2 cups water
1 cup sliced carrot
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp minced fresh parsley
2 cups egg noodles
Minced fresh parsley for garnish
2 cups of soup crackers
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Add the chicken and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and lightly saute for 4 minutes.
4. Dice the chicken into small pieces and add it to the pot along with the remaining ingredients, except the noodles.
5. Bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the noodles and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender. Serve with a pinch of diced fresh parsley sprinkled on top and with soup crackers.
This recipe for Chicken Noodle soup is part of our chicken soup collections.