Sunday, April 15, 2007Sausage Biscuit and Gravy Casserole Recipe
Sausage Biscuit and Gravy Casserole
6 frozen biscuits
1 (12-oz.) pkg. bulk sausage
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1 pkg. Pioneer Sausage Country Gravy or Pioneer Country Gravy Mix
3 tbls. butter, melted
1. Bake biscuits according to package directions. Cool slightly. Slice in half and set aside.
2. Brown sausage. Drain.
3. Layer biscuit bottoms in an 11x8-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Sprinkle sausage over biscuits. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheese over the top of sausage.
5. Whisk together eggs, milk and gravy mix. Pour over cheese. Top with biscuit tops browned side up. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; return to oven for 5 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Drizzle butter over biscuits. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe for Sausage Biscuit and Gravy Casserole is from Pioneer, and serves 6.