Monday, April 16, 2007Crawfish Cakes with Sauce Recipe
Crawfish Cakes with Sauce
Makes 8 (3-inch) cakes.
1 lb. crawfish tails
1 tbl. Worcestershire sauce
Cayenne pepper, to taste
1/2 cup chopped green
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 to 1 tsp. Tony Chachere's Original Seasoning, or to taste
1 or 2 cloves garlic, pressed or 1 tsp. minced garlic
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/4 to 11/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbl. lime or lemon juice
2 tbls. chopped cilantro or
Tabasco, to taste, optional
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Serve a dollop of the sauce over or on the side of Crawfish Cakes.
1. Chop crawfish tails. This can be done in the food processor if you are careful to not over process. Use ON and OFF positions for just a few seconds. You want it chunky, but not mashed.
2. In separate bowl, mix crawfish tails with Worcestershire, cayenne, green onions, mayonnaise, seasoning, garlic and beaten eggs. Stir to combine.
3. Add just enough bread crumbs to bind ingredients together. Start with 1 1/4 cups and add as necessary.
4. Shape into 8 cakes or patties.
5. Cook on George Foreman grill or brown over medium heat in nonstick skillet with just a little oil.
This recipe for Crawfish Cakes with Sauce is from Served with Love, A Collection of Recipes from South Louisiana published by members of the South Baton Rouge Church of Christ. Adaptations were made to reduce bread and oil amounts. Sent to us by, Johnny, thanks!