Saturday, July 22, 2006Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
1/4 cup chocolate shaving
1/4 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved*
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
1. Place the chocolate shaving and the cherries in separate bowls.
2. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended.
5. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
6. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s instructions.
7. Just before the ice cream is done, add the chocolate and the cherries, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
NOTE: You can use maraschino cherries, chopped & drained.