Ruby Tuesday Apple Pie
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep-dish apple pie
- (double crust or
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 C. Light Brown Sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp. Allspice
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Clove
- 1 1/2 tsp.
- 3/4 C. flour
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 10 Tbsp. frozen butter
- 1 1/3 C. chopped walnuts
- Ice cream (optional)
- Let pie thaw at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes. Preheat oven to
- In a small saucepan, melt the stick of butter over
medium heat. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon,
allspice, cloves and lemon juice. Stir until well blended and sugar is
melted, about 3 minutes.
- Make an X in the center of the top
crust of the pie and fold back the crust. Pour the butter mixture evenly
into the pie and then replace the crust. Leave 4 vent holes, sealing the
rest of the pastry. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Grate frozen butter into
a medium-sized bowl. Toss the grated butter with flour, remaining
sugars, remaining cinnamon and walnuts.
- Carefully wrap an
aluminum foil band around the edge of the pie, creating a lip to hold
topping. Sprinkle topping evenly over pie. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes then serve with ice cream, if desired.
This recipe is courtesy of Helen and is a close clone recipe
Close Clone Recipes