- 1 (18.25 oz) box Dark Fudge
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup
shortening (no substitution)
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Blend all ingredients; then knead with
your hands until it is pliable like dough. Form dough into 3/4 inch
balls and press flat, 1/2 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. Bottom of
a glass works nice for this.
- Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until
cookies are crunchy.
- (You could probably refrigerate the dough in
cylinder shaped rolls for a couple of hours and slice 1/8 inch thick, as
well.) Let cookies cool on sheets.
- Combine filling ingredients
and mix well. Form into balls about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in diameter, again
using your hands.
- Sandwich one filling in the center of two
cookies and carefully press down until the filling spreads almost to the
Recipe makes 2 dozen cookies (4 dozen wafers) This
recipe is courtesy of Helen and is a close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes