Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 large
carrot, julienned (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce
can red kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 15-ounce can great northern
beans (with liquid)
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 12-ounce can V-8
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound (1/2 pkg.) ditali pasta
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat.
Drain off most of the fat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and
garlic and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients,
except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
- About 50 minutes into
simmer time, cook the pasta in 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of boiling water over
- Cook for 10 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, or
slightly tough. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the large pot of soup.
Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Makes 8 servings
of Pasta e Fagioli. This recipe is courtesy of Helen, and is a
close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes