- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 12 ounces preserves or jam
- 1 T water
- Preheat oven to 375. Melt butter.
- Combine cake mix and oats in a
large bowl; stir in the melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
Measure half of this mixture (about 3 cups) into a greased
13x9x2-inch pan. Press firmly into pan to cover the bottom.
- Combine preserves and water; spoon over crumb mixture in pan, and spread
evenly. Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Pat firmly to make
top even. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, top should be very light brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
This recipe is
courtesy of Helen and is a close clone recipe
Close Clone Recipes