Hooter's Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Crystal
Louisiana Hot Sauce
- dash ground pepper
- dash garlic powder
cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teas. paprika
- 1/4 teas. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teas. salt
- 10 chicken wing pieces
On the side:
- Bleu cheese dressing & celery sticks
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375. You want just enough oil to cover the
wings entirely, an inch or so deep at least.
- Combine the butter,
hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low
heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are
- Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne powder, and
salt in a small bowl.
- If the wings are frozen, be sure to
defrost and dry them. Put the wings in a large bowl and sprinkle the
flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly.
- Put the wings
in the refrigerator 60-90 minutes. This will help the breading to stick
to the wings when fried.
- Put all the wings in the hot oil and
fry 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark
- Remove from the oil to a paper towel to drain. Don't let
them sit too long, because you want to serve them hot.
put the wings in a large bowl. Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all
of the wings evenly.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing and celery
sticks on the side.
This recipe is courtesy of Helen, and is a
close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes