General Tso's Chicken
- 3/4 lb. Boneless chicken breast
- 2 tsp. Dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp.
Rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp. Finely chopped ginger root
- 1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1/3 c Oil, preferably peanut
Dried red chiles, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tb Chopped fresh orange
- 2 tsp. - dried citrus peel (soaked & coarsely chopped)
tsp. Roasted Sichuan peppercorns finely ground, optional
- 2 tsp. Dark
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame oil
- Cut chicken into thin slices, 2 inches long, cutting against the grain.
- Put chicken into a bowl together with the soy sauce, rice wine
or sherry, ginger, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
well, and then let the mixture marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet until it is very hot. Remove the
chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon.
- Add chicken to
the pan and stir-fry it for 2 minutes until it browns.
chicken and leave to drain in a colander or sieve. Pour off most of the
oil, leaving about 2 teaspoons.
- Reheat the pan over a high heat
and then add the dried chiles. Stir-fry them for 10 seconds, and then
return the chicken to the pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
and stir-fry for 4 minutes, mixing well. Serve the dish at once.
This recipe is courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes