Four Seasons Crab Cakes
- 2 pounds jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 pound fresh codfish fillet
- 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons
finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons basil, julienned
- Salt and
pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Pick through crabmeat, removing all shells but being careful not to
break up the large lumps too much.
- In a food processor, grind
codfish until pureed. Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream and puree until
incorporated. Then add more cream if needed. The mixture should be
smooth and shiny, yet firm enough to hold its shape.
- Place this
mousse in a metal bowl and add the other ingredients, except for the
- Take a small portion of the crab-cake mixture and
sauté in hot olive oil until golden brown. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Form the rest of the crab cakes and sauté in hot olive oil until
golden on both sides.
- Finish by baking in a 450-degree oven for
4 to 5 minutes.
- Recipe serves six to eight.
is courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes