Chips Ahoy Cookies
- 4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda (level)
- 2 tsp. Salt (level)
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening (Crisco)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg White
- 2-4 tbsp. Water (warm)
- 12 oz. Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the two sugars and shortening. When
creamy add the vanilla, salt, and egg white.
- Add the flour 1/2
cup at a time adding a tablespoon of warm water as necessary to mix the
flour - don't exceed 4 tablespoons of water - this will make a firm
dough. Mix in chocolate chips.
- As the dough gets thicker you may
want to mix by hand and abandon the electric mixer.
- Roll into 2
inch balls and press down with the palm of the hand to make flat.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. This recipe is
courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes